February 4, 2011

So what is a Walking Fern?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

"Asplenium rhizophyllum, aka the 'Walking Fern', is a rare, low lying fern native to North America. The name walking fern was derived from the way the fern spreads. The underside of each leaf contain spore-producing structures, and when the tip of the leaf touches the ground, new plantlets sprout, creating a 'walking' effect."

Okay, so what does this Cliff Clavin-esque botanical tidbit have to do with this blog? Simply put, my love of creativity and craft knows no bounds. I'm always latching on to some new idea, technique or medium, moving from project to project... like a kid in a candy store... or... well... a walking fern (only more biped-like, with a weakness for bacon).

At the risk of breaching proper netiquette and infuriating the blogod(desse)s, I will state upfront that this, my first Web journal will not focus on a specific topic. Quite the contrary. Aspects of creative life fall under so very many categories and subcategories. Why choose? Hopefully, in some way, you'll enjoy my haphazard experiments in indie craft, latest discoveries in learning, dastardly puns and the odd (okay, frequent) digression.

Welcome aboard and see you at the next port-of-call!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger trendywendy said...

Cool topics Iggy! Your first post and I'm already "hooked"!

February 06, 2011 12:21 PM  
Blogger trendywendy said...

I have a hooked wool rug from each of my grandmothers. My mom can pick out her dress coat from childhood and clothing her dad wore when she looks at the rug.

February 06, 2011 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did rug hooking as a kid. don't have them anymore. Like your blog! Pam

March 27, 2011 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home